This recipe is essentially the same as the recipe discussed in our “How to Make Cannabis Candy” article, a modified version of a classic hard candy recipe taken from Lorann’s Oils. For more information on this weed edibles recipe, as well as some technical tips & tricks that may help make your candy making process as smooth as possible, please see our related article linked above.
To make weed lollipops you’ll need the following:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4th cups water (filtered recommended)
- 2/3rd cups light corn syrup
- 1 tsp flavoring oil of choice
- 1 tsp cannabis extract; we recommend using either alcohol cannabis tinctures or something as close to pure THC concentrate as possible, weaker extracts like cannabutter or coconut cannabis oil won’t work as strongly
- 1 tsp citric/malic acid (if needed)
- Food coloring (if desired)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Either a parchment paper lined baking sheet or a set of hard candy molds – Do NOT use molds intended for chocolates or other candies for this (or any hard candy) recipe!
- Heavy-bottomed cooking pot, preferably with a pour spout on the rim
- Lollipop sticks of your choice
- Candy thermometer (optional)
First, prepare your work surface and/or candy molds with non-stick cooking spray. Without stirring, bring your sugar, corn syrup and water mixture to a rolling boil. Keep a constant eye on the solution as it cooks, checking it’s temperature regularly with either a candy thermometer or via the cold water test (again, see our hard candy article for more details).
Once the sugar/corn syrup mixture has reached the hard crack temperatures of 300 to 310°F remove from your heat source and add in your cannabis extract, flavorings and food coloring. Remember, going for a citrus variety (IE: lemon flavor), make sure to toss in some additional citric acid.